Thursday, May 22, 2014

doktor zwiebel



Here is a test I made yesterday with the goal to create a convincing looking comic book cover. Unfortunately there is no real book to buy. But there should be, shouldn´t it?
Gestern habe ich mich an diesen Test gesetzt, mit dem Ziel ein überzeugendes Comicbuchcover zu kreiren. Leider ist es kein echtes Buch, das man kaufen könnte. Sollte es aber, oder?


In April this little rough drawing appeared on the back of a sudoku puzzle I sometimes "play". And since then I said to myself I should make something out of it, so in the last days I designed the lettering and did the preparatory drawing for the final ink drawing.
Im April tauchte diese kleine Zeihnung auf der Rückseite eines Sudoko-Puzzles auf. Seitdem hatte ich mir vorgenommen, mehr daraus zu machen. So daß in den letzten Tagen der Schriftzug, sowie die Vorzeichnung für die finale Tuschezeichnung entstanden.

the stages the final brush drawing went through


the different layers of the final book cover

As an animator I obviously would like to see Dr. Zwiebel talking and moving. By the way, the name "Dr. Zwiebel" (Onion) is phonetically inspired by a certain Dr. Evil.
Als Animator würde ich Dr. Zwiebel natürlich gerne in Bewegung sehen. Übrigens, der Name "Dr. Zwiebel" ist phonetisch an einen gewissen Dr. Evil angelehnt.
 

2 comments :

tek! said...

Hehe , the price is still in deutschmark. Lovely little detail!

Tobias Gembalski said...

In the late eighties, when I got my first Asterix books, this was the price.